Monday, August 2, 2010

Love affair

Hot. Dark. Strong. Steamy. Rich. Exotic.

Coffee. I love coffee. I love the sensual experience of opening a fresh bag of coffee beans, the first scent of Guatamalan or Sumatran beans. The texture of just the right grind. The aroma as a the pot brews. The deep rich brown of a freshly poured cup. The heat that leaks through the ceramic into my hands. The whole experience wakes me up.

It's a simple pleasure, and an affordable luxury, and I cherish that.

I enjoy the memories of working in a coffee shop, and coming home smelling like espresso. It took me forever to learn the proper technique for foaming milk for cappucinos.

I remember being pregnant with my babies, and the smell of coffee making me want to vomit. I remember how long it took me to be willing to try coffee again after that.

Coffee... you've been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment