Monday, December 27, 2010

Profile Pages

craigslist.org - I already wrote about how creepy these ads are. No thank you.

Plentyoffish.com - I can't get over that your name is trying to say "Plenty of Fish" but reads as "Plenty Offish" which makes me think of "Stand Offish" which makes me think it's snobby. Also, I can't stand the interface. Next, please.

Match.com - The "Big" player in online dating. Except, I'm cheap and I don't want to pay for cheesy pick up lines or subscribe in order to see who is viewing my profile.

eHarmony - won't let me look because my status is "separated" not "divorced." Very annoying - both on the part of eHarmony, and my ex.

okcupid - trying it out this week. It's free. It has interesting potential. We will see if anyone is brave enough to ask me out for coffee, given that I was honest about 1) my relationship status of "separated" 2) my weight and 3) that I am looking for new friends, not a long term relationship or marriage.

I'm not even sure what I *am* looking for. I'm emotionally done with my first marriage. I am not certain that I want a second. I do want companionship. I like the concept of sharing the work of a home. I am gun shy about being dependent on someone else.

What do I want?

Maybe that's the question everyone asks. There are practical answers, and emotional answers, and physical answers. But what is the right proportion of practical, emotional, and physical?
I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment