Tuesday, December 14, 2010

forest vs. trees

It's the holiday season... jingle bells, fa la la, etc.

It's parties, and cookies, and Children's services, and presents and cards and shopping and wrapping paper and stamps to express appreciation.

It's work, and school, and snow, and cold, and on and on and on until your head spins and you just want to yell "STOP THE CRAZY!"

In other words, I've been missing the forest for the trees.... again.

It is the holiday season.

It is Thanksgiving for the blessings within my life, and the lives of those I love. Thankfulness for health, hearth, and home. Thankfulness for bounty, and goodness.

It is Christmas... the Christ Mass.... to celebrate the birth of my savior and the promises God fulfilled through that infant born in a manger.

It is a New Year... a new start... new opportunities and new blessings to come, and a remembrance of the year past - with wisdom gained from the forgiven mistakes.

If I can stop running around and crashing into the trees, I find that I am in the middle of a very peaceful forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment