Saturday, January 1, 2011

I hereby resolve....

At times, I wonder what is the purpose of a resolution? If you have resolved yourself to something, isn't it just one of the priorities of your life? And why do you need to declare it?
Would it be easier to to call them priorities? I think so - you can't guilt yourself over priorities. People compliment you for getting them straight, and if you don't accomplish something of a lower priority, because a higher priority thing needed doing - there's no guilt in that.

So this year - I prioritize. I don't resolve.
This year,
  • my personal health will be a priority for me. I will make and keep regular appointments with my doctor and dentist. I do that for my kids, and to be a good example, I should do that for myself too.
  • communicating with those I love will be more important, and getting back into the habit of sending letters is something I hope to accomplish.
And that's it. Health and love. Those are my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment