Sunday, October 17, 2010

so... about this weekend....

As I type this, it is late (Ha!!! 8:53 pm... late!!!) on Sunday. I am listening to my son perform his usual bedtime gymnastics as he settles down to sleep. The cat is sitting by me on the couch, and I wish there could just be a little more time in this almost perfect weekend.

I read a book. I saw a movie. I ate a delicious meal involving pan-seared duck in a chili sauce. I insulated the attic. I made a pumpkin pie. I visited with family and friends. I practiced tap dancing. I did not fold laundry, watch football, clean my bedroom, scrub the floors, or clean the toilets. I made a conscious choice to ignore yard-work.

I am tired.... but it's the kind of tired that comes from spending time on the things I enjoy - not the tiredness of dreading tasks. Those other things still need to be done, and I'll do them - eventually. But I do not regret the time spent in the company of others. I think I need that more sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment