Sunday, July 18, 2010

A beginning

This is the founding post of my personal blog; Sugar and Sisu.

Sugar is pretty easy to understand - it's a sweetener, and makes things taste good. This is part of the title because I believe that life is sweet.

Sisu is a harder concept to define. Sisu is Finnish, encompassing a sense of perseverance and determination to continue. Wikipedia has a longer description. Sisu is part of my heritage, and something I've come to realize has also defined my life.

And now a short autobiography to provide some context for future postings:
I come from a large family. I have two children of my own. I was married for 14 years, but am now separated. That's a complicated story that I won't go into now. I'm a technical communicator, and I love my job. I've recently purchased an adorable 2-bedroom cottage built in 1936 and am in the process of renovating it.

I'm writing this blog for my own sake - but also to expand on some of the thoughts that I don't include on Facebook. I'll share stories here about my kids, my house, my job, and just life in general -- Sugar and Sisu -- life is sweet, and we continue.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi marje...sorry deleted 1st comment because of bad spelling lol...meant to say glad to see your blog up and running...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye have to agree, you are in fact Sugar and Sisu...and so much more.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful name for your blog. The pics of your place would be a wonderful addition too. :) I love blogs. I need to go and post something myself :) yay! Welcome to the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete